- This event has passed.
3 February, 2021 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm£6
How do we give those we love, and eventually ourselves, long lives that are as happy and healthy as possible?
Dr Lucy Pollock has been a consultant specialising in caring for the elderly and frail for twenty years. In this book, she gives us answers to the questions we can voice – and those that we can’t. A long life should be embraced and celebrated, but it’s not all easy. Yet even the most challenging situation can be helped by the right conversation.
- Should Dad be driving, and if not, who can stop him?
- How do we ask whether it’s worth taking seven different medicines?
- What are the secrets of the best care homes?
- When does fierce independence become bad behaviour?
- How do you navigate near-impossible discussions around resuscitation and intensity of treatments?
- Who decides what happens when we become ill?
Serious, funny, kind and knowledgeable, this readable book helps guide us through essential conversations about getting older that go straight to the heart of what matters most.